Wednesday 19 March 2014

Mr Tight A$$


Well, I did promise to try and do a bit more online dating ... until it got unbearable again, so last week I actually pushed the boat all the way out and had two dates ... Yes, that’s right TWO dates ...IN ONE WEEK!  How brave (or stupid) am I!?  I’ll tell you about the first one in this post and promise to do another tomorrow for date No 2.
 
So, Date No 1 contacted me on the Monday and we pretty much agreed to meet straight away.  I like it like that ... really can’t be doing all that to-ing and fro-ing only to realise they’re an idiot and I’ve wasted weeks of my life thinking someone’s actually normal!
 
He was relocating from London to Liverpool, he is 36 more than a tad younger than me, but as I keep meeting old granddads (pretending to be young) I thought he’d be less likely to be lying about his age at 36.  We did have a brief conversation on the phone ... he’s American by the way (see what I did with the title? Huh?) ... and we seemed to get on really well.
So as he doesn’t have a car yet (I know, I know ... I never learn) I agreed to drive into Liverpool (it’s about 14 miles and around 40 minutes away from me) and meet 7.00 pm at a nice bar at the dock complex.  I was there ... at 7.00 ... he wasn’t.  I got a text from him at 7.01 telling me that he was just going to get a cab.  Just going to get a cab at 7.01 when we were supposed to be meeting at 7.00!!!! Have I ever told you I have a problem with lateness?  I think I may have touched on it a few dozen times!
 
The Bartender wandered over and asked what I wanted to drink.  I told him my predicament, I said, “I’m supposed to be meeting this guy ... it’s almost a blind date and he’s gonna be late ... he lives in the city, 10 minutes away, I’ve travelled 40 minutes and he’s gonna be late.  What should I do?  Should I bugger off quickly before he gets here?”  I think my 'fight or flight' tendencies were kicking in.
 
The Bartender’s response, “Awww love, you’ve done your hair and makeup and got yourself all the way down here now, why don’t you give him 15 minutes and if he’s not arrived then, make a run for it.  It seems a shame when you’ve gone to the effort of getting ready and coming here not to give it a few minutes”.  I hummed and ahhhed a bit and thought, 'I suppose he’s got a point – I wouldn’t be doing anything if I went home anyway'.  So I ordered a drink and waited.
He arrived at 7.10 precisely.  He apologised for being late and asked if I wanted a drink – as I’d already ordered one, I declined and we went and sat down.  Well I can’t say it was awful (not like some of the dates that I’ve been on) he was quite entertaining but I knew that I really didn’t fancy him quite early on, but as he was a good conversationalist (but very young and quite immature) I decided to stay a while and listen to what he had to say.  

There was, however, one glaring error (besides the lateness) that he made ... during the whole 2 and a bit hours I was with him, he didn’t offer to buy me a drink again.  I sat for two hours nursing the dregs of the drink that I’d bought when I arrived.
 
Now, call me old fashioned (I know I am) but I really think the man should buy the drinks on a first date ... that’s maybe my generation as most of my friends feel the same way ... and I felt it was incredibly uncomfortable to sit there rolling around the last bit of water (used to be ice) at the bottom of a glass for at least an hour and a bit!  That’s just bad manners as far as I’m concerned.  I could have asked him if he wanted a drink, but that's part of the test for me ... to see if they are attentive and ask!
 
At around 9.00 pm, as boredom and thirst was kicking in, I made my excuses and said it was time to go.  He seemed at bit distraught, but agreed to walk me to my car.  I’m really not good at that bit, I remember thinking, “I hope he doesn’t ask me for a lift ... he could be a mad axe murderer! ... I hope he doesn't try and kiss me ... Oh God!”

He walked me to the driver’s side of the car and I’m happy to say that he commented, “I won’t ask for a lift because I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable” My reply, “Oh yeah, great ... thanks” Then he swooped in and I was just a bit too late turning my head and I got a big, sloppy wet kiss half on my mouth, half on my cheek ... Ewwwwwwwwwwwww *shudder* I couldn’t get in the car quick enough!  Blach, no matter how much I rubbed my face (after he was out of eyeshot) I couldn’t get rid of that horrid sloppy wetness feeling from my cheek ... I even feel quite nauseous thinking about it - a week after!).
When I got home, I got a text from him ... here’s the conversation...


 
THAT!!!!! He called me THAT!!! OMG, I nearly hyperventilated when I saw what he’d put.  Needless to say, as you can see, I didn’t respond and I haven’t heard anything from him since.
Ho hum ... wait til you hear tomorrow’s little gem ... I know I keep saying it, but you really can’t make it up!
Until tomorrow lovelies, be fabulous!
Lots of love
Jx
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear no offer of a drink and a sloppy kiss..yuk...goodbye mister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Camille ... Nightmare! X

    ReplyDelete