Wednesday 13 February 2013

Flight & Warm Bodies


 
OK, last two film reviews for now...
 
Flight ***** (5 Stars)
I really wasn’t expected much from this film.  I’d read some reviews and they said it was good, but even though I review films, I don’t hold much store by those written by others – I’ve seen films that were slated that I loved and vice versa,  I think ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ and films are really subjective.  This film however, I really loved.
So what was it about?  A seasoned airline pilot (Denzel Washington), miraculously crash lands his plane after a mid-air catastrophe, saving all but 7 of the crew and passengers.  After the crash, he is hailed as a hero, but as more is learned, more questions than answers arise as to who or what was really at fault and what really happened on the plane.
The story follows Denzel and his struggle to come to terms with what happened and his drink problem.  It was thoroughly enjoyable and keeps you entertained from beginning to end.  Definitely worth a watch, it’s my must see film of the week.  Here’s the trailer …
 

 
 
Warm Bodies * (1 Star)
Well, what can I say?  This may have reached 2 Stars if I hadn’t been so put off by sharing a cinema theatre with about 150 teenagers.  Firstly, I’m going to have a bit of a rant about that.  Not having any kids, I was immediately struck by how unruly 13-15 year olds are when there is no authority figure there to keep them in check.  I don’t care who you are or how well behaved you think your teen is when you’re not there, but I’m telling you, they aren’t! 
I can’t recall ever being in that situation before, but I was completely amazed at the showing off, the shouting, giggling, talking, phones on/phones off, throwing stuff, food rustling and general rowdiness of the kids in that theatre.  In my observations, kids under the age of 13 don’t act like that and teenagers over the age of 16 don’t act like that, so what is it that makes that age group so mental?
Is it because it’s probably one of the first opportunities they get to test out their independence without a parent or teacher being present?  Whatever it is, I suggest you parents have a word with your teen (even if you don’t think this doesn’t relate to your 13-15 year old, I’m telling you it does - there wasn’t one child in there that didn’t misbehave, even if only in minor way).
Right, rant over, humbug … on to the film.  After a zombie epidemic, a zombie encounters a human survivor and well, falls in love with her.  She sees that he is a bit different from the other zombies and they form a special relationship.  As the film goes on, he starts to become more and more human (ahhhh that’s what love does for you … or that’s what the film producers would have you think … it’s not like that in my experience!).
I guess it wasn’t that bad, in fact, if I’d been able to go in the day, mid-week, it may have even reached a 3 star status, but we’ll never know.  Note to self: Don’t EVER go and see a teen pic on a Saturday afternoon ever again.  The mahoosive ice-cream was good though!  Here’s the trailer …
 

 
 
Right, that’s it for another episode, there are another new batch of great looking films out in the next couple of weeks, so that'll keep me busy for a while!  Until then, be fabulous!
Lots of love
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment