Tuesday 12 February 2013

Lincoln, Bullet to the Head, I Give it a Year



Again, not much to report really.  I’ve been incredibly quiet lately, that’s going to need to change soon, I’m getting a bit bored.  I know that at Champagne Saturday is on the cards pretty soon, so that’s something to look forward to, I also don’t have any holidays planned which is something I’m going to have to sort out soon!

So, back to the ole’ faithful film reviews.  Again, I’ve seen a few over the last few weeks, so let’s get stuck in …

Lincoln * (1 star)

I’ve got to be honest; this was the dullest film I think I’ve ever seen.  Now, don’t get me wrong, the acting was brilliant.  Daniel Day Lewis definitely deserved to win the BAFTA for it and he’ll have been robbed if he doesn’t receive the Oscar and Sally Fields as his wife as also fabulous, I just found the content and story EXTREMELY boring.  In fact, I can’t even remember watching a more boring film – I think I snoozed a few times too.  I guess if you’re into American history, then it would be slightly entertaining, but I just found it dreary, dreary, dreary.  The story is based around the time of the American Civil War when Abraham Lincoln was attempting to abolish slavery and win the war against the South.  Here’s the crux … he wins.  There you go; you don’t need to see it now!  Here’s the trailer just in case my review didn’t put you off enough!


 

Bullet to the Head ** (2 Stars)

This is the new Sylvester Stallone film.  It’s only been on at cinemas for a couple of weeks, but I think it may have gone off now … it doesn’t surprise me, I think it should have gone straight to DVD.  It was a typical Stallone film (he really is getting too old for this action s**t now – honestly, a man in his 70s is never going to win a fight against a buff twenty something!).  Here’s the premise: Career hit man Jimmy Bob enters into an unlikely alliance with a detective, Taylor Kwon, to bring down the ruthless killer of their respective partners.

I have to be honest (as you would expect) but the guy who played Kwon has to be THE worst actor I’ve seen in a long time.  It was amateurish and truly cringe worthy to watch him.  The story was full of awful cliché’s and was only mildly entertaining.  See it on DVD if you must.  Here’s the trailer …



 


 I Give It a Year **** (4 Stars)

I actually found this quite entertaining for a typical Rom Com.  More so than I expected (although that could be something to do with the fact that Simon Baker – him from The Mentalist – was starring in it … I love him).  Here’s the story: a couple meet, fall in love and get married within 7 months.  Their friends and family are really not convinced that they are right for each other and trouble ensues due to his ex-girlfriend still hanging around and her having to deal with a new, rather dishy client.

It was all really typical rom-com stuff, but I really did quite enjoy it (which was quite a shock!).  Here’s the trailer.





Right, that’s it for me today lovelies.  Tomorrow, I’ll review Flight and Warm Bodies.  Until then, be fabulous.

Lots of love

Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment