Thursday 18 April 2013

Oblivion


 
I almost forgot to do this review!  I saw Oblivion at the weekend.  That’s Tom Cruise’s new film and to be honest, as I’m not a huge fan of the pint sized, alien loving scientologist, I really wasn’t that fussed about it.  Obviously I’d seen him plugging it all over the place, but to be honest, I wasn’t really that impressed with all that jazz ... when there’s that much fuss over a film, it tends to make me think it’s going to be rubbish (because they usually are when they’re so hyped).  However, I’m happy to announce that it was marvellous.  It was a joy to behold and I loved it!

Tom plays a drone repair man – one of the last remaining human’s on Earth.  During a battle with aliens, our moon was exploded sending Earth into chaos.  The majority of humans have been shipped off the planet and Tom is left to make sure that the extraction of Earth’s resources goes without a hitch.  However, when a spaceship crash lands a chain of events is triggered which forces Tom to question everything he knows and puts the fate of humanity in his hands.

There were so many twists and turns that I absolutely didn’t see coming - it was quite spellbinding!  Give it a go ... you won’t be disappointed.  Here’s the trailer...
 


 
Well that was just a quickie lovelies ... more soon, until then, be fabulous.

Lots of love

Jx

2 comments:

  1. It started off fine, but somewhere along the line they lost the desire for originality and did just enough to pass off the sci-fi elements so they weren't infringing copyrights. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete