Friday 22 June 2012

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter




Well, it’s not often that a film takes me by surprise but yesterday I watched a really fantastic film, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.  Well, I know I’m a bit biased about vampire films (I’ve loved them ever since I was allowed to watch the miniseries ‘Salem’s Lot’ with David Soul in the early 80’s and have pretty much been, well, I think obsessed is going a bit overboard, but you get the picture) but this was particularly good.

I’ve got to be honest, it wasn’t filled with many faces I knew and the 2 faces I did know, I didn’t know their names, however, that did nothing to spoil my enjoyment.  So ... what’s it about?  OK, well, the premise is a bit ‘out there’ ie Abraham Lincoln was a vampire hunter but it’s still good.... President Lincoln’s mother is killed by a supernatural creature which fuels his passion to crush vampires and their slave-owning helpers.  That’s it in a nut shell. 

The graphics are good, the vampires are as you’d expect them to be, it’s full of suspense (even if a tad predictable) and is kind of an Action/Adventure/Horror/Mystery/Sci-Fi ... a bit of everything really.  Well worth a watch if you’re looking for something to see this weekend, in fact, I liked it that much that I may see it again! Here’s the trailer so you can see for yourself...




Well lovelies, sorry it's another quicky but I've got another busy day to day ... Oh and I've got Devon and Debi coming for tea, so that's always a laugh ... and we're doing KFC tonight so no cooking! Yay. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend whatever you're up to. Be fabulous!



Lots of love
Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment