Sunday 4 March 2012

2012 Oscar Special - The Best Dressed List




Well I hope you’ve all had a lovely week and a fab weekend.  I’ve had another really busy one, but it’s all good!  One of the many things I’ve been up to in the last week is that I had a catch up with my lovely friend Mehreen (I really have missed her since we aren’t working together) and she berated me a bit for not doing a post about this year’s Oscars (especially the dresses!).  I asked her whether she really thought I should and whether people would be interested, her answer, “OMG yeah!”

So here it is, a week late, my Oscars 2012 review (dedicated to Mehreen).

I love the Oscars (especially the dresses) and usually don’t get the opportunity to watch it live because it starts about 1.30 am and staying up that late isn’t usually an option.  However, this year, I decided to watch as much as I could until I couldn’t keep my eyes open.   I have to be honest though, the run up to the Oscars, the Red Carpet bit, is my favourite part of the whole thing (no surprises there then) and this year was no exception.

So at 10.30 pm, I settled down to watch all the glamour on E-Entertainment (I love that channel and make sure that I was E-News everyday – well it beats CNN!).  The presenters, Guiliana Rancic (OMG, her dress was actually the best of the evening if you want my opinion – it was a beautiful cream lace gown that just looked amazing by Tony Ward 2012 Haute Couture Collection – amazeballs, as Guiliana would say!), Kelly Osborne (God love her ... she’s lost a lot of weight and her body is amazing, but she never seems to get it right, especially on the red carpet – her dress was by Badgley Mischka– it was a 1940’s inspired black dress with green beading which was much too old for her in my opinion and was a complete ‘miss’ with her oddly dyed grey/lavender hair – which is utterly bazaar.  I’m definitely not getting that trend.  Fearne Cotton’s gone grey too.  As far as I’m concerned, there’s plenty of time to have grey hair when you’re old!).
'E's' Guiliana Ranci in Tony Ward


I always think it’s weird that Kelly is a regular panellist on one of E’s hit programmes ‘E Fashion Police’ which is a weekly programme hosted by Joan Rivers (she’s bloody funny and completely rips the celebs to shreds ... she shows no mercy), Guiliana, Kelly and some fashion stylist guy and they review the best and worst dressed celebs each week (OMG I love it so much) but most weeks, I’d have the outfit Kelly’s wearing as worst dressed.  I have no clue what qualifies you to be on that panel, cos whatever it is, it can’t possibly be fashion sense if Kelly’s anything to go by (BTW, they also do a slot called ‘Celeb or Street Walker’ – as the title says, they show a faceless picture of a celeb, or streetwalker and the panel have to guess who belongs to what category ... it’s hysterical!).
Kelly Osborne in Badgley Mischka


So, back to the dresses, my very favourite dresses of the night (I’m not counting Guiliana’s here cos that’s a given) were, in reverse order:

Joint 4th - Cameron Diaz/Jennifer Lopez - I like both dresses equally, however, the hem on JLo’s was seriously dodgy.  You’ve got to remember that these dresses are made for supermodels and the dress the celeb ends up wearing, especially if it’s couture as they only make one couture gown in each design (that’s why it’s couture and dresses tend to cost in excess of £10,000 each) will be the actual dress that was shown on the runway and therefore made for a 5’10” plus woman.  As most celebs aren’t 5’10 plus, the dresses usually have to be shortened, which some designs just don’t lend themselves to ... this was one of them.  I don’t think you can see it in this picture, but believe me, it was seriously dodgy!
Cameron and JLo both dazzling in cream


2nd - Mila Jovovich – She wore an amazingly beautiful dress, just gorgeous!  It was cream, heavily beaded dress by Elie Saab couture.  She wore it with deep red lips which contrasted beautifully with the dress ... now she is tall enough to carry off anything!
Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab


1st - Stacy Keibler (George Clooney’s current other half) – OMG, this dress was mind-blowingly beautiful ... in fact; she looked like an Oscar herself.  She absolutely glowed in a gold Marchesa gown which really was my total favourite of the evening.
Stacy Keibler (Clooney's other half) in Marchesa


So, they are my best dress, but I can’t really do the best without doing the worst dressed now can I?  But time’s running away again, so I’ll save that for tomorrow.  I also want to give you the gossip (in case you haven’t heard it already about Angelina Jolie’s right leg ... which since the Oscars, has got its own career, completely independent of Angelina!  Absolutely hilarious!)

So, until then, have a wonderful Monday and be fabulous!

Lots of love

No comments:

Post a Comment